Paint a Watercolor Flower in Procreate
Learn how to paint watercolor flowers in Procreate!
Let’s paint a beautiful watercolor flower in Procreate! In this simple tutorial, I share with you my digital painting tips for creating stunning watercolor florals in Procreate including a brand new blending technique that emulates traditional wet-on-wet watercolor aesthetic. Follow along in this Procreate tutorial as I teach you my easy method for painting this lovely purple flower. Learn how to paint dimensional petals as well as a fun shading technique that will add depth and interest to all your digital watercolor artwork. Follow along with me as I teach you how to paint this purple flower. Learn how to paint dimensional petals as well as a fun shading technique that will add depth and interest to all your digital watercolor artwork. The skills you learn during this quick tutorial can easily transfer to painting all types of flowers. Before you know it, you’ll have an entire digital garden of gorgeous flowers.
Brushes in this tutorial are from my Watercolor Wonder brush pack.
- Petal shapes: Hard Edge Round from Core set
- Hue variations: Blooming Wash from Core set
- Turned-up petals, edges: Glaze – Hard Edge Round from Glazes set
- Petal blending: Precise Blender from Tools set
- Flower Center: Glaze – Jagged Edge from Glazes set
- Center Shadow: Glaze – Edge Pooling from Glazes set
- Stem: Hard Edge Flat from Core set
- Leaves: Hard Edge Round from Core set
- Stem Shadows: Glaze – Hard Edge Round from Core set
- Stem and leaves texture: Glaze – Dry Liner from Glazes set
- Paper Texture: Watercolor Paper from Tools set
Watercolor Wonder is a set of 50 realistic Procreate brushes and 5 textured canvases for digital watercolor painting! Experience the joy of watercolor painting, coupled with the ease and efficiency of digital art. Be free from that fear of ruining expensive watercolor paper or wasting precious paint. These brushes are really the best of both the digital and analog art worlds.