How to Draw Midcentury Style Movie Popcorn // Procreate Tutorialin Procreate Tutorial on April 1, 2022
How to Draw Midcentury Style Movie Popcorn // Procreate Tutorial
Learn how to draw a midcentury-style illustration in this Procreate tutorial!
Let’s draw a cute box of movie popcorn! You’ll learn to use Procreate’s QuickShape feature to make a precise sketch, a time-shaving shortcut for drawing stripes, an easy way to add cast shadows, and how to not overthink the details. For this tutorial, I’ll be using one of my Magic Paper textured canvases for a print-like watercolor texture and brushes from my Midcentury Illustrators kit for that perfect, vintage-style line work.
Special thanks to Sam Aker for lending me her artwork for this tutorial!
Brushes in this tutorial are from my Magic Paper and Gouache Paintbox brush pack.
- Textured Canvas: Rough Paper Magic Paper
- Sketch: Sketching Pencil from Pencil Box
- Main shapes: Bardot Inker from Midcentury Illustrators Kit
- Popcorn coloring: Brush Brush from Magic Brushes (inc. with Magic Paper)
- Linework: Bleeding Edge from Midcentury Illustrators Kit
- Cast Shadow: Sweeping Wash from Magic Brushes