How to Draw an Autumn Leaf in Procreate
Learn how to draw a gorgeous, watercolor-style fall leaf!
In this real-time, follow along Procreate tutorial, I will walk you through the entire process, from the initial sketch to blending watercolor washes and adding dry brush texture, with tips about how to draw shadows and more. To create these beautiful textures, I use brushes from my Wash & Dry Watercolor Toolkit. So if you have this set and are not sure how to use it, you will love this tutorial!
Canvas Size Used: 3800×2800 Pixels
✏️ For the Sketch: Pencil Box
- Sketch = Sketching Pencil
- Eraser = Ghost Erase
🎨 For the Final Art: Wash & Dry Watercolor Toolkit
- Leaf shape = Crisp Edge Shaper
- Watercolor washes = Stone Wash, Soaking Wash
- Wash along leaf veins = One Sided Wash
- Leaf edges = Wash Edger
- Veins shape = Glaze Edge Shaper
- Veins washes = Water Glaze
- Dry brush texture = Gentle Grain (light & dark)
- Shadows = Stone Wash and Wash Detailer
I love love the tutorials. My suggestion is when doing the lessons please let us know what size of brush and the opacity when changing brushes. I also have a hard time making squiggly lines and feel like I would definitely benefit from a class that lets us go from perfection/straight lines.